Norton Safe Search is a safe and secure search engine designed to let the user know if the site is unsafe before it gets too late. It protects the users from insecure and malicious sites that may cause harm to the device/system. Moreover, it keeps the user’s online transactions safe by identifying suspicious websites. The users who have installed and enabled the program can perform online activities such as shopping and much more with a minimum risk factor.
Several positive aspects make it the best antivirus program. It thoroughly crawls the world wide web and after that performs an in-depth investigation. With the program installed on the system, the user can easily remove the viruses and keep their device/system from getting hacked.
Pros of Norton Safe Search
- Protect the user’s identity by avoiding phishing sites.
- Check the site’s safety and shopping rating for all of the user’s search results.
- Avoid harmful infected websites on the search results.
- The users can change the settings to filter out risky websites that appear within the search results.
How to turn off Norton Safe Search?
The users looking for ways to turn OFF Norton safe search on their device can easily do it with the following steps provided below. So, scroll down and perform the steps as mentioned. According to the needs, the users can turn “ON” or “OFF” the Norton Safe search services.
Before turning OFF the service, the users are suggested to ensure that it is saved. However, if it is not, add it to the browser by installing it from the official portal, i.e., Norton.com/setup.
Follow the prompts to turn OFF the program.
- Go to the web browser.
- After that, search for the settings option available at the screen’s top-right corner.
- Now open the settings section.
- From there, go to the “More Tools” option.
- Then the users are advised to open the extension page.
- After that, find the “Norton Safe Search” option.
- After this, the users are suggested to check whether the program is enabled or disabled.
- Now the users are recommended to uncheck the enable button.
- After that, it is advised to restart the web browser.
The users are advised to check the system requirement details provided below.
Norton Safe Search supports the following browsers mentioned below:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Microsoft Edge Version 79 and later
How does Norton keep the user safe?
It safeguards the user’s sensitive details online, such as banking details, login credentials, credit card details. Also, it protects the user’s system from malicious files that might cause harm to the system.
Norton Safe Web alerts the user against the following threats mentioned below.
- Highlight secured or unsecured sites
- Indexing of risky web results
- Provide site safety ratings for search results
So it was all about Norton’s safe search. Therefore, to protect the device against viruses, cyberthreats, spyware, consider using the Norton Safe Search.